Office Holder: Karen Stevens
Located on the east end of the west wing
on the second floor of the Wayne County Annex Building
Open Monday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM and
Tuesday through Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Phone: (765) 973-9317
FAX: (765) 973-9339
WAYNE COUNTY TAX SALE INFORMATION
2013 Commissioners Tax Sale Tuesday, April 30, 2013
in the Admin Building Commissioners Chambers
The sale will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. Local Time, No late bidders will be processed.
*****COMMISSIONERS TAX SALE LIST*****
- Wayne County Tax Sales are held once a year.
- The Tax Sale list is published in two local papers, one being the Palladium Item and the other being the Western Wayne News. Lists and Buyer information packets are updated daily and are available in the county Auditorís Office or updated Fridays on the county web site at www.co.wayne.in.us If you request a list by mail, you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope with additional postage on the envelope.
- Early Registration is preferred.
Please go to
http://www.sri-taxsale.com/Tax/Indiana/Registration (IE8 users please click the compatibility button on the right of the address bar to display the page correctly) to register as a bidder for the sale or go in person to the Wayne County Auditor's Office to register. No late registrations (after 9:50a.m.) the day of sale will be acknowledged. Please come early enough the day of sale to complete the paperwork for bidding if not pre-registered.
- Prospective Buyer Information Packets are available in the Auditor's Office
- The Auction is by oral bid and properties are sold to
the highest bidder. Bidding starts with all back taxes owed
current year taxes and penalties, any and all sewer or weed liens, and tax sale costs.
- Properties not sold are held for another sale. These are only offered at the time of a public sale.
- You must be present to bid and all successful bids must
be paid for by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the sale at which
time you will receive a Tax Sale Certificate for your lien.
- Payment can be made by bank or business check, money
orders, certified funds, or cash. NO CREDIT CARDS OR PERSONAL
CHECKS. Certified Funds are due the day of the sale before 3:00 p.m. Any unpaid bids will result in court action.
Any questions should be directed to the Auditor's Office at 765-973-9317 or by e-mail at the address above.